Thursday, May 19, 2011

First blog!!!

Well, I finally got a blog that I'm happy with!  I think what pushed me to finally start one is not only the fact that everyone else has one, but I have had some serious thoughts lately that I need to just get out!  But for now, I'm only going to dedicate my first blog to kind of an introduction.  I'm a stay at home mom... I love spending every second with my 15 month old, Tyler!  So much in fact that I refuse to take breaks from him very often.  I know, it's not healthy!  But I just love him so much!!  My husband Dave works at USAA; he started in January.  We are so happy he works there, they REALLY spoil their employees!  Last month we went to this HUGE annual party they had called CultureFest.  It was just like Fiesta, except everything was FREE!  I seriously felt like I was going to get in trouble by taking food from a booth either without asking or paying!  They had different areas that represented different countries/cultures and had food and music to go with it.  My favorite was probably the American food, haha!  The hot dogs and BBQ sandwiches were a hit.  Tyler had tried watermelon too, and LOVED IT!  I'm not a fan, though.  So back to current and future events, I'd like to bring light to my brother's birthday coming up in 12 days!!!  He is going to be 21 and I cannot believe it!!  Seems like just yesterday I was trying to hurt him every day because he stole my princess spotlight LOL!  I love my brother... even though he is younger than me, I look up to him a lot.  I mean, he is taller than me. ;)  Oh, on another note, I applied for a job at the Childrens Center of Stone Oak because my cousin Jennifer referred me.  It looks like a lot of fun to work there so I hope I get it!!  Well, I guess that's all for now, but there will be many more posts to come!!  Thanks for reading, and don't forget to follow me! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I can't wait to read more. I have a blog too which has been mostly neglected but you've inspired me to get going again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I am so glad!! I just saw so many people have one so it inspired me!

    ReplyDelete